WHAT KIND OF STATEMENT ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE WITH YOUR NEW HOME? DOES YOUR HOME TRULY REFLECT YOUR OWN TASTE, OR SOMEONE ELSE’S?
Through all uncertainties of the real estate market and the economy you might say that home decor has changed for most homeowners. Stodgy, impractical and stuffy furniture of the 70’s and 80’s, the look of our parents’ generation, has given way to more functional, comfortable and affordable fashions. Picking up the basics at places like Costco and fashionable, urban, flea markets, have become the norm.
MY FAVORITE FREE RESOURCES TO HELP GET IDEAS ABOUT FURNISHING YOUR HOUSE EXACTLY TO YOUR LIKING
- Dwell( ideas for a more efficient house, soup to nuts)
- Reader’s Digest (decluttering ideas–fresh and new ideas that will make your life a lot easier)
- Oprah Home (multiple choices displayed for every piece of furniture you will need)
- Martha Stewart Home (smart, fashionable choices for each room in your house)
- Homeportfolio.com (lists thousands of choices of products and design ideas, and links to the sites where you can buy them–saves huge amount of time)
- Lesliehindman.com (great Chicago-based auction house that offers monthly auction in a wide variety of styles, periods and prices–take advantage of the great auction prices right now)
- Designspongeonline.com (perfect place to get ideas that are well thought out and executed-no need to hire a designer if you go to this site–artistic, creative, easy to use and fun!)
- Decor8blog.com (special finds and secrets from around the world, for all the little details of your house, with links to the nation’s best stores, all in one site)
- Freshome.com (displays latest design and function characteristics for every piece of furniture you buy)
- Trendir.com (the latest in materials, colors, textiles, trim)
- Homedesignfind.com (beautiful layouts of entire room designs–great place for room design ideas)
- www.houzz.com (best ideas for rooms, places to shop, color schemes)